Hi ,i have blood pressure that spikes to 140/100 some days it is present, some days it is not, it spikes when I am in stress or have to do lot of stressful work lije exams time, should I take antihypertensive to control this blood pressure, otherwise my thyroid and other tests are normal. I am young also and prefer to avoid antihypertensive. Kindly tell .e whether there is a need for antihypertensive or not. I also experience flushing of face sometimes, heaviness in head, palpitations also.

Hi ,i have blood pressure that spikes to 140/100 some day...
Please lybrate-user you are young but your weight is high. So first do life style modification. 1.control your weight avoid ghee, butter,oil etc brisk walking 30 min/day eat huge amount of salad green vegetables and fruits. Eat slowly chew well. Decrease no of rotis and use missi roti. Take three small meals and fruits in between meal. Do three month. Simultaneosly for 10 days take cap. Betacap tr 40 twice daily after breakfast and dinne. Then record b.p. And tell me on line.