Hi, I am 21 yo on 28th November a Saturday I had a knee injury when I was playing football. I had pain and swelling but I thought I won't see a doctor and waited for 1 week as the pain was still there is went to the doctor on a Sunday. He made some inspections and came to the conclusion was and grade 2 mcl tear. He put and cast and asked to come after 1 week. After 1 week I visited him and he said it's getting better and I can play after 1 and and half week. But I now have a pain inside the knee every time I bend it. Why is it happening? Also today when I went to play I just took some shots with the ball and my knee at some angles is like something hitting on against other.

Dear lybrate-user, If it a muscle tear, then a cast alone is not enough to help it repair. You must take natural nutritional additives that will help your body rebuild the damaged tissue with proper strength. Rest for more time too is required. Also, when you start to play, allow your body to build stamina again. Regards.
Hello dear lybrate-user if you share x ray it is very convenient to understand your problem. In football ACL tear is common. So also reconfirm about the condition i.e. ACL or MCL if not you need to consult your doctor again or take second opinion. You can also start with RICE protocol that is rest, Icing, comparation (elastic crepe bandage) and elevation. At list for 3 to 5 week (according to the condition) before joining your team.