Hi doctor, My mom has a diabetes. She has ulcer like problem also. Can diabetes patient eat honey. Because I beard honey is good medicine for stomach problems.

Hi doctor,
My mom has a diabetes. She has ulcer like prob...
Honey are good for diabetic person but pure honey is rarely available.
Hi doctor,
Dear Lybrate user, First of all. Diabetic patients can take honey. There is no problem in taking honey. For diabetes diet chart and herbal medicine for diabetes consult me.
Hi doctor,
Its a very simple thing to understand that anything sweet is bad for diabetes. Honey is sweet so its bad. Whether its fructose, sucrose, dextrose, mannose whatever all cause rise in glycemic index leading to pathology in diabetes so pls do not learn from whats app msgs. For ulcer apart from tablets I would recommend no spice, no tea, coffee and she should take curd and salad every single day.
Hi doctor,
Hello, The caloric value of honey is as, same as, normal, sugar. Give her foods like subja, melons for better results. If the sugar looks, under control just a drop of honey applied on the affected area should not give you her any problem.she can go ahead.
Hi doctor,
Mr. lybrate-user, Honey contains sucrose which is same as sugar. If person with diabetes takes it then it is like eating sugar. There will be a rapid increase in the blood glucose level, depending on how much honey is taken. Plus I have no idea as what advantage honey has in "ulcer like condition" Hence I am of te opinion it should be avoided. Thanks.