Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have been suffering from acute attack of Uric Acid which touches the level of 8 resulting in my toe and knee swelling and also pain on both side of my back please advise me to slow down the effect of Uric Acid and also advise me some medicine.

1 Doctor Answered
Mr. lybrate-user, If you have acute attack of gout, then you need to control the pain and inflammation with certain antiinflammatory drugs preferably with an injection. Then follow it up with tablets till the severity of acute attack is controlled. This is possible only with visiting your local doctor. Then you may also have to take drugs to reduce uric acid concentration in the blood. Plus avoid high purine (high protein) containing foods like organ meat, red meat, certain sea foods like sardines, salmon, scallops, herrings, haddock, mushrooms and mussels. Also avoid alcohol and aerated drinks (colas). Thanks.
7 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.