My father is having rectal cancer which we diagnosed after 1 month. The doctor has done the surgery but now the cancer has reached stage IIIb nd 4 lymph nodes are infiltrated. The doctor is now saying tht we will have to do 6 chemotherapy in every 21 days. Is there a danger to wait 21 days as the tumour is spreading nd we do not want it reach stage IIIb or stage 4. Please suggest something.

Hi lybrate-user, I appreciate you seeking help for your father. Well, I presume that your medical oncologist would have assessed rightly and taken a decision accordingly. If not convinced still, you can always take a second opinion from one another experienced medical oncologist on the current treatment approach, and decide accordingly. Having already undergone colorectal surgery, you need to take special care of his diet and nutrition, and ensure that he continues to stay fit so that he can withstand the cancer treatment well. Also, please note that an integrative treatment with alternative/ natural medicines can improve clinical outcomes too. You can connect with details, for further traction. Hope this clarifies. Do take care and all the very best.
Sir. You will have to wait for 21 days as the surgical scar has to heal before chemotherapy is given.