My wife is losing weight after pregnancy (now baby is one&half year old). Doctors advice us if you stop breastfeeding; you'll gain reasonable weight. Is it true?

My wife is losing weight after pregnancy (now baby is one...
no work on proper diet and digestive system and hormones check
Some women do lose weight during breast feeding. Yet no harm in doing all tests to rule out any vitamin, calcium or iron deficiency. But one has to be careful when one stops breastfeeding. Some at once regain a lot of weight, more than one desires.
Hello, Lybrate user, You have been advised ,correctly. Tk precautions.
Gaining some weight after leaving breastfeeding is possible and is a very normal phenomenon. Do not get scared with it. It happens as a result of the shift in hormones and the weight gained can be lost again with proper diet and exercise regime.
One and a half year is long enough period for feeding your baby needs much more than the milk can give hence do stop that and there are better ways to lose wt rahter than continue feeding like diet execist.
I think you are mixing up two issues. Breastfeeding is a separate issue. If your wife is losing weight at a fast rate, then you need to find out the reason. Get her complete body checkup done. Also consult a dietitian to verify if her current diet is sufficient or not. She should be on a proper healthy diet.