I have been diagnosed with OSMF early stage. My mouth opens 3.7 mm. I have very slight whitish layer all over my mouth rough, 2 small brownish patch and a single very small ulcer from 3 days. My doctor prescribed me only to stop eating Supari and Antoxid HC for 30 days. So my question is whether all this whitish layer go off and become a healthy mouth as I have stopped eating Supari from 5 days?

Hi u need to wait for a period of at least 6 months and stop the habit for lifetime
osmf has a slow recovery so dnt expect a good result in 10 day or 20 days.stop supari eating for rest of ur life. apply kenocort ointment on affected area 3 times a day.after 30 days of antoxid hc condition has to be reviewed .may be u require local injections as well.
It is good that you have quit tobacco pan masala. In OSMF, white-red lesions appear on the inside of the cheeks, and mouth-opening becomes extremely limited due to decreased elasticity of tissues in the mouth. Although you have quit tobacco, it will take some time for your mouth opening to get normal; and you will be required to do some mouth exercises. In many cases, medicines need to be injected directly into the lesions (intra-lesional injections), which brings about quick improvement. Some mineral supplements are also prescribed alongside. I suggest that you consult me privately on Lybrate. In private consultation, you will be able to show the pictures of your lesions to me, and I will be in a better position to solve your query. I will also be able to guide you on how to perform mouth exercises on video consultation. Take care.
Dear lybarte user, congrats for taking he wise decision of quitting the habit Is your mouth opening 3.7 mm or 3.7 cm? 3.7 mm is an alarming sign and also requires treatment with injections of triamcinolone. Please confirm the exact mouth opening. At advanced stages of OSMF, along with medicines certain other precautions are also required regarding your diet. Eat bland food, no salt, nothing fried or spicy Consume more fruits and vegetables. Pay regular visits to your dentist to monitor the condition.
Might be or might not be. Most importantly it shall not spread more. Stop supari Totally Forever or else this white layer (It's a pre cancerous lesion) can turn into cancer.
lybrate-user Dear you have invited a unwanted problem by chewing supari .it is never too late. Stop all tobacco products and supari .visit dental surgeon for cleaning and polishing of teeth. Apply benzocaine ointment in case of pain .apply neomycin oral/orajel ointment. Apply boroglycerin regularly and listerine mouthwash regularly.