Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am suffering from ear puss discharge in last 3 years. I have gone through ENT Hospitals doctors suggested to operation both ears. One small hole is there I have taken medicine for Antibiotics, cold tablets so many months.

3 Doctors Answered
Myringoplasty in one ear first, 3 months later the 2 and ear by ent doc, keep ear dry forever.
Surgery is good option.
1 person found this helpful
Discharging ear: Discharge in ear is due to problem in external ear or Middle ear. Micro exam of ear will conclude that. Threre are two types of middle ear discharge Safe and Unsafe….If there is foul smelling discharge it is usually unsafe variety of Chronic suppurative otitis media. X ray masoid, Culture and sensitivity report and Ct scan if required. Mostly this type of pt require surgery. In safe variety it is simple perforation in ear and can be treated only with Antibiotics, Antihistaminics and ear drops. May require surgery if there is big hole in drum.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.