My son is almost 4 & 1/2 years old. From past 2 months he has been complaining about stomach pain. since two weeks ago he was suffering from loose motions and I consulted a doctor and also told about his frequent stomach pain. She prescribed Normet and Zinconia and also told to deworm him with Zentel syrup. Now its very frequent and he complains every time whenever he eats something. I also feels that his stools are smelly from past two days. Kindly advice on the same. Could you please suggest any specific diet. Thanks.

If there is no associated symptoms with recurrent pain in abdomen, it is idiopathic and has no specific treatment. By passage of time it gets cure on its own. Pain after food may be due to not liking for food. Give him according to his choice and desire to eat. Deworming time to time is required. If his wt is about 16 kg, you need not to worry. All nutritious rich in protein edibles available in home are good.