I am having healthy hair and fair skin before 2 3 years ago I suddenly get habitual of eating clay and Clement I know it's really harmful but I can't get rid of this eating habit just because of this my skin becomes really dark and hair fall occurs now I am facing baldness and this is killing me from inside even just bcz of this habit I sometimes I think to suicide please help me.

I am having healthy hair and fair skin before 2 3 years a...
Hi lybrate-user, this habit of eating inedible and non nutritious substance is called pica in medical term. This is often seen in young age between 15-25 yrs. Females are mostly affected. Underlying iron, copper of zinc efficiency may be a cause. This kind of habit leads to malnutrition which can cause changes in skin and hairs. Psychological cause are, poor parental caring, lack of maternal care and unhappy family situation. During pregnancy this kind of behaviour is often noticed. It may also be an expression of underlying compulsive behaviour. So I would request to consult with psychiatrist and dermatologist. Thanks.