My father suffers from acute pain in his left arm. The pain starts from his shoulder and covers complete arm. The pain is so immense that he face great trouble even in wearing shirts. Please provide a solution?

Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. I need to actually understand whether he is having issues with his neck region which is associated with pain radiating from neck to upper limb region or are we talking about shoulder pain with restriction of shoulder movements due to which he is having pain? so I need to know whether his shoulder movements are free especially lifting his arm and rotations? also is there any numbness, paresthesias in the affected limb as well? - does he suffer from any systemic disease like diabetes, thyroid issues, bp etc? do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.