Migraine headache is characterised by unilateral pulsating headache associated with nause/vomiting and photophobia / phonophobia.
There are triggers for migraine like sun exposure, certain foods or smell, lack of sleep, excess caffeine etc. The triggers are variable for different patients.
Migraine attacks can be managed by simple painkillers like paracetamol but in resistant cases drugs like Sumatriptan may be needed.
For frequent episodes of migraine preventive medications are to be taken by prescription. You have not mentioned which allopathic medicines you have taken for migraine. Preventive medications are to be taken by prescription for frequent migraine attacks. There are various medicines available for this and if control is not achieved with one medicine another drug is to be added. Don't take painkillers daily for migraine headaches , it's better to take the preventive medicines. Painkillers on long term basis can further aggravate the migraine headache into Medication Overuse Headace (Read my health tips on Medication Overuse Headace )
Follow these lifestyle changes to avoid migraine headache
1. Maintain regular sleep wake cycle, even on holiday's.
2. Don't skip meals. Take regular healthy diet with adequate fluids
3. Do not consume excess caffeine / carbohydrates / alcohol or smoke.
4. Exercise daily ( aerobics and cardiovascular)
5. Identify your headache trigger and try to avoid it.
6. Do pranayam daily.
7. Acupuncture treatment has shown some benefits in migraine.
You can consult a pain specialist for therapies like dry needling or botulinum injections for your problem.
Consult again for further queries.
1) massage with stress relief oil or warm coconut oil to head, neck, and ears.
2) apply chandan powder +2-4 saffron threads+ pinch of cinnamon (dalchini) lep with rose water to forehead.
3) take 8 hrs sleep in the night.
4) avoid oily & spicy food.
5) pour 3-4 drops of warm pure cow ghee in both nostrils in head low position 6) do eye check up if headache persist
7) for chronic migraine & headache we have migraine get well package treatment should be proper & properly taken by patient for better result.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Migraine treatment