Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 42 years old house wife, suffering from frozen shoulder for 3 months. Already consulted diff doctors and taken medicine and also undergone physiotherapy but no positive result yet. Please suggest.

5 Doctors Answered
If you are suffering from frzen shoulder, it must be diagnosed by a doctor/orthopeadician. But you didinot write the diagnosis of a doctor. If you are suffering the same. Please follow these suggestions for one week only. Then contact me what is the condition. Do koushuki (hand exercise) twice a day for 10 minutes each time in a compfortable ventilated room. Eat boiled vegetable green lefs only these days.
Regular stretching of shoulder muscles. Warm up and cool down is a must. Hot fomentation.
Do active shoulder exercises avoid direct blow of ac, cooler air. Apply hot packs, anti inflammatory gel. Exclude diabetes.
Dear Lybrate user, you probably have done all things which generally advised in the beginning for frozen shoulder(adhesive capsulitis) & it didn't help you much, so advise would be to get either proliferation(prolotherapy) or shoulder joint injection done ( after excluding rotator cuff injury, labral tear etc) to reduce inflammation so that you can resume activity and increase your range of motion pain free.
For frozen shoulder exercises are the treatment. Severe pain can restrict your shoulder exercises, so take anti inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen round the clock and once pain is relieved start exercises. If pain is not relieved with medication you can get an injection called Suprascapular Nerve block done by a Pain specialist to get good pain relief and start exercises.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.