My cousin is having blood cancer and is 11 year old. He is undergoing chemotherapy. What diet should be followed and which foods we can give him.

Hi lybrate-user, I appreciate you seeking help. What chemotherapy is he presently on? as regards diet, it is better to include more of leafy greens, fresh fruits, whole grains etc all, in general. Restrict flesh intake, if any, to more of fresh water fishes, 3 to 4 servings max in a span of 2 weeks. Over and above, one can take lean meat like chicken, egg whites etc all, preferably in soup form. This shall be nutritious and help fight cancerous cachexia, if any. It is important that he stays well hydrated, and consume at least 8 to 10 glasses of clear fluids daily. Dairy products, salt, sweets and other high calorie food stuffs including fast foods etc all are best avoided. Hope this helps him stay fit over his course of chemotherapy. You can follow the above-mentioned in general unless his consulting physician/ oncologist has any specific reservations/ advisory in this regard. Do take care, and I wish your cousin all the very best and a speedy recovery.