The easiest way to stop a nosebleed is the time-honored pinch cure. Pinching the nose sends pressure to the bleeding point in the nasal septum, which helps stop the flow of blood immediately.
1. Sit up straight with your head tilted slightly forward.
2. Using your thumb and index finger, pinch the soft part of your nose below the bony bridge.
3. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes. During this time, breathe through your mouth.
4. Release the pressure gently and sit quietly for 5 minutes.
5. Repeat as necessary until the bleeding stops.
Note: do not lay flat, tilt your head back or put your head between your legs. Also, do not blow your nose.
Also take arnica 30 - twice daily for next 3 days.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.