6 years experience
Ask Free Question
Snoring occurs when you can't move your air through nose and throat during sleep. So air vibrate the surrounding tissues and snoring sound.
Causes of snoring • overwight or obesity • Age - in middle age muscle of throat muscle decreases.
• nasal problem (blocked or stuffy nose)
• Alcohol, smoking, medication • Sleep posture These are some methods & instruction for releif in snoring:
• Exercise daily and running, jogging. Do long breathing exercise pranayam daily.
• Clear nasal passage (nose) before sleeping. You can take steam for 2 - 3 minutes to clear the passage.
• Change your sleeping position, elevate your pillow slightly while sleeping.
• Sleep on a side not on back.
• Avoid smoking and excess drinking alcohol. Do not take sedative medicines.
• You can do some throat exercises.
Repeat these vowel a, e, i, o, you loudly three minutes few times in a day.
Place your tongue tip behind your teeth and move backward three times in a day.
Move your jaw in left side with open mouth for 30 seconds and in right side for 30 seconds.
• You can also try for anti snoring mouth appliance.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Snoring treatment