After tooth removal:
1. Take out the cotton dressing after half an hour after tooth removal.
2. Be on cold liquid diet for 2 days. 3. Don't spit vigorously on the day of removal.
4. On the day of removal don't rinse your mouth with water or any liquid.
5. Don't eat anything from the side of tooth removal for 2-3 days.
6. Day after removal rinse your mouth with saline (salt) water. You do this thrice a day for 1 week. This will keep food particles out of socket and enhance healing.
7. Don't touch the wound with fingers or even tongue which contaminates it and will take longer to heal.
8. You can have 1 capsule of b complex with vitamin c for better nutrition that favors healing.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Painful Teething treatment