What is the cause for the disease keratoconus?
What are its effects in our eye?
If I undergone for treatment how long it Will take to recover my eye sight?
What is the procedure for the operation?
If I take in a treatment how long it will take for me for lasik surgery without keeping spectacles?
9 years experience
Ask Free Question
1. Keratoconus is a degenerative disease leading to change in corneal shape and thickness leading to decreased vision
2. Effects: decreased vision, repeated change in glasses, high cylinderical number
3. Recovery of eye sight depoends on condition of cornea and severity of keratoconus
4. Type of operation again depends on topography and thickness of your cornea
5. Lasik is contraindicated in keratoconus. Do not ever think of lasik.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Myopia treatment