I have a habit of cracking my teeth (like continuously chewing motions) when I'm asleep, I was unaware of it until recently when it was pointed out to me. I worry that in the long term, this could affect my teeth and cause them to flatten, and already I can see that my canines have flattened considerably. I am unsure whether to consult a dentist or a sleep clinic in this regard, please advise a course of action.

I have a habit of cracking my teeth (like continuously ch...
Mr. Lybrate-user, this grinding of teeth/biting of teeth will definitely effect your teeth alignment in future. So, you better to consult any dentist. So that they will, help you by giving some cap like covering to prevent the teeth destruction while grinding in sleep.& also, you need to go to sleep clinic also. To excude the reasons& furtherly to prevent.
Kindly see a dentist at the earliest. He will first make a bite-guard after which he/she will assess the cause for grinding and help you correct the same. Some common causes of grinding - stress, improper fillings/crowns with high-points (bite not set properly) etc.