Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am having gene problem of tooth. My father and mother also have. I am facing cavity problem. What should I do?

7 Doctors Answered
Get the affected teeth treated on time till the condition gets worst.
Get the cavity filled and use fluoride paste
1 person found this helpful
Do treatment filling of the cavity.
1 person found this helpful
Hi, facing cavity issues with or without pain is not uncommon but labeling it to be genetic is quite premature unless genetic mapping of the disease has been done. It most often depends on the oral hygiene than genes. And if the tooth structure is genetically weak then there are ways to strengthen it or reinforce it. Cavities can always be restored unless and until u have lost whole of tooth crown by it. Kindly get your dental rehabilitation done as soon as possible. Thanks n healing regards
1 person found this helpful
Use fluoridated toothpaste.
If u have cavities then go for restorations/fillings.
Cavities are carious lesion that needs to be filled. These can be filled by a dentist.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.