Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 49 years old. I am suffering from toothache in a right upper gum tooth. This tooth has been eroded badly since long. What should I do, whether the tooth needs to be pulled out or to be filled up by some method. Please advise.

13 Doctors Answered
Consult a dentist. Only he can analyse and suggest u the best treatment
1 person found this helpful
Rct can be performed to save the tooth but without evaluation can' t advised you clearly. Visit to the dentist.
1 person found this helpful
Please get an xray done and then it will be decided whether we can retain this tooth by treatment or if can not br=e saved than it has to be removed.
You can have tresmox three times daily and lyser-d twice daily for pain relief. Yes the tooth can be saved by root canal if it has to be saved or it will be extracted if it is grossly damaged. This can be determined by a dentist
U can save the tooth if you undergo rct.
If it attrited/eroded and root ids healthy then there is few dental procedure to make it pain free save the tooth rather then going for extraction of tooth. So kindly visit dentist for better dental care and save tooth.
Its always better to save the natural tooth as long as possible, get the treatment from dentist.
According to me the tooth has to be checked personally and can tell whether the tooth can be extracted or saved, if the tooth is strong enough and chances of saving if it is not wisdom tooth than we can save the tooth by rct.
First of all dentist will check the tooth by taking a xray. Xray will reveal the fate of that tooth.
It can be treated with rct and crowing after that, u can consult me for this.
Go for dental chekup as soon as possible!
Dentist will advice rootcanal or extraction depending on the situation.
Have an x-ray to that tooth if there may be bone loss around the tooth it must be better get it pulled out n if no sign of bone loss or pus formation below the tooth u can undergo rct followed by capping.
4 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.