Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello mam my name is harjot kaur and I want to talk about my brother who is 26 year old he is deaf and dump since birth but from last 5 year he can able to listen from one ear and speak normal words like mom, dad ,my name and many more except talk with each other .is any treatment available for my brother.

1 Doctor Answered
I am sorry to hear about your concern but will be happy to assist you. If he is 26 years old, then there is nothing much that can be done. But if he is young eg: 4 or 5 years old, we can still try cochlear implants. If you can afford implants, just get an assessment done by an ent surgeon and a good audiologist. They can guide you whether any surgery will help him or not. Until then try to use hearing aids. Let's connect over a call so that we can discuss your concern in details and make a suitable treatment plan for you.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.