Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi My hearing capacity has reduced after a truck tyre burst near me. Ent specialist told that there is water & diaphragm are very close. May have to operate for inserting tube. What to do?

1 Doctor Answered
Kindly get an audiogram and tympanogram test done - this will demonstrate the presence or absence of fluid in your middle ear. Though surgery is sometimes recommended for ear fluid it is not always necessary. It depends from case to case.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.