I have in-large prostate since last 10 years and taking one Alfatam-D tablet regularly since then. Controlling urination sometimes becomes very difficult when pressure built up. I become restless. Why is this so? Please advise. Anand Kumar.

I have in-large prostate since last 10 years and taking o...
Consult surgeon.
Increasing difficulty means the mass which is there in prostate may have been increasing. You should undergo radiological investigation and psa for same.
now is the time for u to get a TURP done a minor surgery which reduces the enlarged prostate which is causing the symptoms and some tests will b done prior to that
Dear, enlarged prostate causes the bladder muscles to work harder to push urine out. Over a long period of time, this leads to thickened bladder wall and overactivity of bladder muscle. Once overactive bladder develops, it can act spontaneously without our voluntary control. This is the common reason for not able to control urine in prostate enlargement. Other reasons are bladder stone or infection. Please get an ultrasound abdomen with post-void residual urine. Based on prostate size, bladder wall, residual urine, serum psa and urine routine examination findings, a urologist will be able to treat you better. If you do not have much residual urine, infection or stone, then you can be started on drugs to relax bladder (anti-cholinergics). This will help you with improving the control of urination.