Recently I have gone through a root canal of my upper jaw teeth, the doctor has advised me further to have a cap fit on the teeth, but I feel comfortable even without the cap. So do I need to listen my doctor or neglect that?

Recently I have gone through a root canal of my upper jaw...
If it is an anterior tooth, then cap may or may not be necessary. But if it is a posterior tooth, cap is essential as posterior teeth are chewing teeth and have to bear lots of pressure. They may crack if cap is not given.
Dear lybrate-user, you must listen to your doctor as you maybe feeling comfortable even without the cap but as the tooth has become weak because of the large cavity and root canal treatment it will break at any time. Then all the effort will be wasted so please get a cap for that tooth.
Hello user cap is always required as the root canal makes our teeth brittle with passage of time. Chances of tooth fracture becomes more so it is advisable to go for cap.