My mother fell and cracked a vertebrae. She has osteoporosis. She was given a brace but it doesn't seem to be helping. Is there any treatment for this?

My mother fell and cracked a vertebrae. She has osteoporo...
Osteoporotic vertebral fractures usually become painless by 4 to 6 weeks as the fracture heals. Medicines, rest and brace are initial treatment. Sometimes the fracture doesn't heal well and pain persists. Vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty are the procedures usually done in such situation for pain relief. They are minimally invasive as bone cement is injected into the fractured vertebra through a needle. These procedures give immediate pain relief. You must see a spine surgeon to see if it is suitable for her. Medical treatment for osteoporosis should go on at the same time.