How to get better sleep at night? I often spend hours before getting actual sleep.

How to get better sleep at night? I often spend hours bef...
Good sleep is necessary for a healthy body and an active mind, hence, following the tips may help you over come the problem of sleeplessness. In your case, it seems to be a sleep onset type of insomnia, in which the patient has difficulty in going for sleep even after lying in bed for quite some time. 1. Dinner should be a lighter meal 2. Maintain a time gap between dinner and going to bed 3. Do not take caffeine containing beverages (tea, coffee) after evenings 4. Do not exercise immediately before going to bed 5. Same time to go to bed for sleep should be fixed for daily 6. Do not engage is activities seeking high mental concentration immediately before going to bed or when in bed. 7. Taking a shower before getting to bed may help 8. Reading a book/novel before sleeping may induce sleep sometimes 9. The sleeping area/ambiance/bed should be comfortable 10. There should be no noise and darkness in bedroom while going for sleep.