Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi Doctor, My friend has tight foreskin. Whenever he tries to intercourse its hurt. Can you please suggest something on this. Thanks.

1 Doctor Answered
You friends problem is Phimosis, ----------------------------- stretching exercises, when erect just pull it back as far as it will go and hold for 5 mins. Do this a few times daily.. in the shower helps, and you should see results within days/weeks. Could also try, if its possible to pull back a bit, pull it back, grab the glans( top cap of penis) with two fingers and roll the foreskin up over the two fingers as far as it will go (when the ring of skin turns white). hold it there for 5 mins. Lubricant helps with this!. . It's fairly common, and this should help. Also try rubbing vitamin E around the top and inside the foreskin, which may help elasticate it. If it's more serious, you may need a preputialplasty (alternative to circumcision but with no loss of looks, senstivity or anything, and is less painful with a fast recovery rate. With a preputialplasty:they make a small incision vertically then horizontally in your foreskin, and stitch it up to have more space for your glans to appear without a total circumcision. But with exercise for 5 minutes daily it will be ok.
17 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.