These preventive habits protect eyes
• Go for regular eye exams including complete dilated eye test to detect early-stage diabetic eye disorder and macular degeneration.
• Be aware of eye health disorders within the family to proactively protect againsthereditary eye conditions.
• Maintain healthy body weight to reduce the probability of developingdiabetic eye or glaucoma.
• Protect your eyes in hazardous environments (under extreme sunlight, sports, etc.) by using sunglasses and safety gear such as shields and eye guards.
• Stop smoking
since itincreases the possibility of eye-damage including blindness.
• Reduce eye-strain by frequently resting your eyes using the20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, for 20 seconds, look at a 20 feet distance away from you.
• • Avoid eye-infections by always washing your hands before touching your eyes or contact lenses.
It is always better to wear glass if you are comfortable with it as Lens demands a lot of care and expenses for maintanence.