Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

My father's (age 58) usg test shows: 1. Liver is enlarged in size, shape and fatty (15. 76 cm). 2.parenchymal echotexture is raised. 3.no focal abnormality not seen. Intra hepatic biliary channels are not dilated. 4.portal vein (1 cm) is normal in caliber at the porta hepatis. Please suggest what to do. Is it something too bad or not?

avoid fatty foods , alcohol along medication help reduce fatty liver
You try to reduce the weight as much as possible ok.
First of all you avoid oily and spicy food for gud health and reduce the weight by yoga daily routine exercise.
If the usg shows liver parenchymal echotexture being raised - it suggests development of cirrhosis. The cause for this needs to be found out before starting treatment. Has your father undergone these tests - cbc, pt-inr, lft, serum proteins and albumin, s.ggt, viral markers as the cirrhosis progresses, the portal hypertension will set in. Before that happens it is important to start him on treatment. You can msg me the reports on Lybrate. I ll be able to help you out with treatment.