Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am a 68 years old male. I am a diabetic. I hear buzzing noise continuously and echo of sounds causing hearing distortion and loss. What should I do?

2 Doctors Answered
Buzzing sound in the ear is called as tinnitus and it's going to be with you life long and you will have to adjust your life style accordingly
This is mostly because of age related changes in your auditory nerves. Called presbyacusis. Diabetes can aggravate the condition you need to do a hearing test depending on the loss. Hearing aid may help you. It can also reduce the buzzing in your ears by masking the sound.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.