Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Recently I have been to EVE doctor and he. Told me that I have sin moucus fibrocus and I have to take medicine for a long period. Please let me know is it so. Is there any medicine which can cure this in a short period.

3 Doctors Answered
There is a treatment. You can regularly take injections to speed up the process. The other thing you need to take care of is to avoid any habits like pan chewing, smoking.
Sir, Oral sub mucous fibrosis is a condition which usually arises due to use of tobacco in one form or the other .Once the mucosa gets relined with these fibrous bands it's quite difficult to reverse the situation. However if you stop taking Tobacco, it may help. I suggest you take Cap SM Fibro three times a day for the first thirty days.If you are unable to stop the tobacco habit .You can contact us. My clinic is a registered TII centre. Will help you get rid of the habit.
Dear , You have misspelled few words, but I guess you have been diagnosed with Sub Mucous Fibrosis (OSMF). It is a bit serious disease. So you have to take medicine for a long time. But If any kind of quick relief you want, the you should visit a good Oral Surgeon (he is specialist of the OSMF and diseases like this). He will give you some injections(not daily), which can make a faster recovery from the condition you have. And one more thing that you have to leave the use of tobacco (in any form cigarette, bidi, pan masala, gutka whichever is the cause in your case), otherwise it can be dangerous. If possible visit a dental college or dental Institute near you place, where a more systematic and rigorous treatment will be provided. Till the Good Luck, God Bless and Take Care.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.