Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Good evening, I have a 11 year old son who is suffering from ADHD. How can I handle him?

1 Doctor Answered
You need to give him supportive care and help with the normal household activities and make him feel at home you can't control your child, but you can control your own actions. Encourage your child when they make progress and acknowledge achievements and efforts. When possible, try to focus on your child's intentions, rather than what they actually do. Stop trying to “parent” your child.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.