Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Sir My son aged 8 years for the past three months complaining of acute back teeth pain.Recently i consulted a dentist who checked and told that back teeth is looking black and having cavity and gave some analgesics now please guide/advice me how to treat it Urgently.without extraction

9 Doctors Answered
Firstly we need to know if these are the milk or permanent teeth that are carious. Pain killers are a short term solution. the teeth will need fillings and/or RCT to treat them... share the Xrays of the same if possible.
Your dentistry would better advice you if a pulp capping or root canal is best suited for his case, extraction is not advisable for 3 to 4 more years. pls take an xray before any treatment is planned.
Hi,since he is 8 years it's a mixed dentition period if u r saying back tooth can't judge if it is milk tooth or permanent tooth, please upload the xray through librate or atleast what doc has prescribed, based on that we can guide. if it's a Permanent tooth it can restored with diff treatment modalities and if milk tooth if it's grossly destructed then extract and give space maintainers but whatever without complete history difficult to guide
Hi Sir If at all certain amount of tooth structure is left & infection is not that much, we can do Root canal treatment & save the tooth. You can send the Xray if possible. [Automatically added by Lybrate] Click "Consult Dr. Surabhi Mahajan Malhotra" below to consult privately with the doctor.
Dear, If cavity is too deep that it has reached to pulp chamber than you have to plan for pulpectomy or if is is on to the borderline at pulp than go for pulpotomy to the related tooth but avoid extractions
No need to worry u can go for pulpotomy or gic restoration depending on the extent of the cavity which can be identified from x-ray. in these 2 procedures the tooth is not extracted. ur son will be relieved from pain
You can go for RCT and filling if there is wide cavity its require SS crown also
Pulp treatment Clinical picture and radiograph needed Good to hear ur keen on non extraction Meet ur nearest pediatric dentist
Better to go for root canal it's called pulpectomy. In dental terminology.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.