Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have gum reduction in some teeth. Did I need gum grafting or need to maintain just oral hygiene? I am 26 year of age male.

4 Doctors Answered
Hi. This will depend upon the degree of gum recession. Scaling / Cleaning is a must. Visit a dentist for that. He/ She will examine you clinically and tell you about the needful.
First its important to find out the reason why your gums are receding. It can be due to poor oral hygiene or poor brushing techniques. Consult a dentist for proper diagnosis. If it is because of poor oral hygiene then scaling and then maintaining good hygiene will stop further gums loss .and its sufficient treatment in most of the cases.
Depends upon the gums situations sometimes gum situations after basic cleaning gets ok ... But people with advanced gum disease may need gum flap procedures..
Dear lybrate-user, gum recession could be because of the deposit of calculus on your teeth and around gum line. Visit your dentist for checkup and oral prophylaxis. Depending on the extent of gum recession, it can be treated just by Scaling procedure or other treatment modalities. Grafting is needed in severe cases where even after Scaling you don't get satisfactory results.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.