A Gap is created due to tooth decay.A little portion of food enters the gap and comes out with similiar outlet on the other side of the tooth.I have no pain or problem etc.Consulted someone who advised RCT but I still feel a filling shall do the job and save the tooth.Pls advise

Hi. Incase if u have any doubt regarding the treatment, consult another dentist and let him take an xray of the tooth and decide accordingly . If the xray shows your decay reaching the nerve then RCT is absolutely essential else filling should do the job.
It will be wise to take a Xray of the particular tooth and check the extent of the caries.If your dentist confirms that it is close or involving the pulp, then it is advisable to do Root Canal Treatment followed by Crown.
The symptoms and the X-ray is the guiding factor to determine whether it needs a RCT or a filling.Kindly get the x ray done.
hi...If it's anterior tooth then filling is the answer and for posterior tooth filling or crown can give good results but before doing treatment xray has to be taken in order to see the level n type of bone loss !