Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

If high frequency hearing loss has happened and its progressing, does that mean the person will eventually go deaf. How can the progression be stopped or slowed. ASKED FOR MALE 31.

1 Doctor Answered
Keep monitoring, Consult an ENT specialist, Audiologist & Neurologist to find out why is hearing loss progressive. Start using hearing aids sooner even if the client can manage comminication without using hearing aids, this may prevent his ears form auditory deprivation.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.