My mother has multiple infarcts in the brain and doctor has diagnosed vascular dementia for which there is no cure they say. Is there no hope?

Vascular dementia responds best to a peaceful environ. Give her medical details and sleep pattern.
She will behave like a kid now. As she has taken care of you when you were kid, you have to take care of her now.
Dear Sir I can imagine you must be quite concerned about your mother. Vascular dementia is a type of memory loss that occur due to disruption in blood circulation in brain. Along with memory, it can also affect a person's behavior, judgement, communication and ability to function. It is a progressive condition and the illness trends to progress over time. Unfortunately, there is no cure. However, there are medications which can be prescribed to control further damage to blood circulation. There are medications to help with the behavioral problems if there are any. Certain lifestyle adjustments like keeping her engaged and as much mentally active by scheduling activities, sticking to routine, maintaining a healthy diet will help her.