Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 68 years old man. Now a days quantity of urin has reduced. It's pressure is less. In the night I have to getup 3 times. Control on urine has reduce. Please advise.

1 Doctor Answered
I am 68 years old man. Now a days quantity of urin has re...
Sir, considering your age and the symptoms you've posted you seem to be suffering from something called benign prostatic hyperplasia. There is an organ called prostate around your urine tube and due to age and hormonal changes with age it becomes bigger and thus blocks the urine tube leading to problems during passing urine. It is quite a common complaint. With men of your age and you don't need to panic. There are medicines for it. You need to see a urologist. A doctor who specializes in urinary tract. He will check the size of your prostate both by rectal examination and ultrasound scan if necessary. He will also suggest a few blood tests. Called psa. Then depending on the size. He will put you on medicines. If the size is too big, he might also suggest surgery.
You found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.