Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My 11 year daughter is suffering from knee pain since last week of April .15 days back I consulted an orthopaedic he found genu valgum and vitamin D deficiency after tests. He prescribed vitamin D and calcium supplements but now her pain is worsen. She can't climb or in climb a single stair without holding her knees or other support consulted the doctor again today he advised to consult a neurologist. Should I go to a neurologist or to an another orthopaedician.

1 Doctor Answered
It might be because of muscle weakness called myopathy. Neurophysician is better person to consult rather orthopedist.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.