Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am having a perforated ear drum ,daily fluids and pus flows from the ear and visited several doctors they said tht you have to do surgery for the same. Is there any other option for stopping this fluids and pain. Having small hole from last year.

2 Doctors Answered
Fluid coming from ear is indicative of infection in your middle ear. First you have to treat the infection by taking antibiotics prescribed by ENT Doctor. They have to undergo surgery depending on the size of perforation but before you have to treat infection because fluid from ear will cause problem. Consult ENT Doctor. Keep your ear dry. Don't put water or anything else in your ear. Use cotton plugs while taking bath. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Dear Mr. lybrate-user you should consult a Audiologist for your hearing test report and get required done. You need to get your treatment complete before it gets worked.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.