In 2017 I suffering from pulmonary embolism. From this I take acitrom 1 mg .but at end of year I forgot to take acitrom for 15 day so there is clot .and clot is removal in Jan 2018. Now I take acitrom 3 mg and ecosprin 75 mg .what care should be taken to prevent clot .because doctor said you will take the medicines till end of life.

It is absolutely essential for you to be on anti-coagulant medications that will prevent further clot formation. Different types of medications are now available - Acitrom is one of those. If you are taking this then you should ensure that your INR is maintained in the range as prescribed by your doctor for the medicine to be effective. You should take warfarin diet. And donot remain immbolized for a long time, in long duration air flight wear stocking and keep moving your legs and toes. There are better medicines available as well which donot need INR testing and have lesser risk of causing bleeding but are slightly expensive than acitrom, you can discuss with your treating doctor regarding that.