I have read the advice by all the Doctors and I find that most advice a visit to the dentist every 6 months for cleaning and polishing. I need to know is it ok to get polishing done every 6 months, want that damage the enamel of the teeth, please advice.

I have read the advice by all the Doctors and I find that...
Yes you may reduce the risk by twice brushing with soft brush but at the same time polishing professionally is a calculated risk.
No it doesn't spoil enamel .. it is just like brushing your teeth everyday .... it helps in removal of layer of plaque .. since you are getting professional cleaning done so polishing is must to remove that plaque layer though the plaque layer forms everyone we eat food .. so we usually brush two times a day morning and night .. and rinse our mouth throughout the day after whatever we eat ..
Kindly undergo scaling every 6 months.
Monitor is not. The frequency of visit depends on how much care you take of your teeth. It can be six months or can be delayed as much as 2 years. So don't believe that you have to visit Every 6 months always.