initially I have gone through filling of one of my teeth (at the edge of the teeth) but gradually the filled material came out along with some portion of the teeth leaving a hole there. So I consulted some doctors ,but there advice is varying a lot. Some suggested me simple filling will work while other suggested me to go through RCT. So I am in dilemma that whom I should follow. Kindly help me to find which one I should follow.

initially I have gone through filling of one of my teeth ...
The depth of the cavity guides your treatment plan. If it is a deep cavity which approximates your pulp you have to definitely go for RCT. Which should be priorly confirmed with a radiograph. Just with clinical diagnosis and your symptoms we can't finalise the diagnosis. So go for a radiograph. Even after radiograph the Dr. says RCT better to go for it.
Hi, As per your query some portion of the tooth has also broken which might have gone upto more deeper level than it was before so there are high chances that only filling might not sustain and RCT followed by crown is a more stable solution. Clinical correlation with the aid of an x ray is required. Take care & keep smiling.
RCT with cap is permanent solution for your case.
Mr. lybrate-user, if your tooth decay has reached upto the level of the nerve then you may need root canal treatment with cap. Sometimes if decay is extensive but not reaching the nerve then only a filling with/without cap can be done. A small xray should help in determination of extent of decay and a proper treatment plan.
If no periapical pathology you can take jacket crown.