I am undergoing menopause problem, having fibroid and excessive bleeding after an irregular interval. My Doctor advised me to take Novex DS twice a week for 3 months. Will this help to stop my menopause, will this have any side effects? Please advice.

Hi lybrate-user any kind of bleeding must be thoroughly investigated since you are 52 years old. A meticulous ultrasound will tell us about the thickness of the endometrial lining. And if possible please mention the size of the fibroids. The fibroids sometimes delay the menopause and cause heavy bleeding. Till then you can take the symptomatic treatment. Wish you the best of luck.