Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am diagnosed with bilateral moderate conductive hearing loss. Is this treatable/ curable?

2 Doctors Answered
Hi. Since you have been diagnosed with Bilateral Moderate Conductive hearing loss. I hope you’ve got this result from a genuine Audiometric test done by a Qualified Audiologist. If not, please get the audiometric tests done through a genuine Audiologist, especially if he has good experience in the field. Firstly, please get a checkup done with an ENT doctor to clear out certain physical issues like earwax, or fluid in the middle ear or maybe your eardrum whether it is perforated or not. Basically get those checks done, and usually they might advice to go through a medical intervention either through medicines or surgery. If the problem still persists, then you can even think about getting an hearing aid from an Audiologist! Thanks.
Yes. If conductive loss due to infection it can be through medication and if structural defect then through surgery.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.