Thanks for your query on Lybrate
As per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -
1) Do a clinical examination by your dermatologist
and he will scarp debris under your nail and it will be examined for exact cause of infection.
2) Discuss with your Doctor about (terbinafine
) for 4 months
3) Use (ciclopirox
) and it is a nail polish and it is an OTC medication and you have to use it for 1 year.
Do take few preventive steps like this -
1) Try to wash your hands and feet regularly and keep your nails short and dry. Wash your hands and feet with soap and water, rinse, and dry thoroughly, including between the toes. Trim nails straight across and file down thickened areas.
2) Try to wear socks that absorb sweat. Fabrics effective at wicking away moisture include wool, nylon and polypropylene. Change your socks often, especially if you have sweaty feet.
3) Choose shoes that reduce humidity. It also helps to occasionally take off your shoes or wear open-toe footwear. Discard old shoes. If possible, avoid wearing old shoes, which can harbor fungi and cause a reinfection. Or treat them with disinfectants or antifungal powders.
4) Use an antifungal spray or powder. Spray or sprinkle your feet and the insides of your shoes.
Wear rubber gloves. This protects your hands from overexposure to water. Between uses, turn the gloves inside out to dry.
5) Don't trim or pick at the skin around your nails. This may give germs access to your skin and nails.
Don't go barefoot in public places. Wear sandals or shoes around pools, showers, and locker rooms.
Choose a reputable nail salon. Make sure the place you go for a manicure or pedicure sterilizes its instruments. Better yet, bring your own and disinfect them after use.
6) Give up nail polish and artificial nails. Although it may be tempting to hide nail fungal infections
under a coat of pretty pink polish, this can trap unwanted moisture and worsen the infection.
7) Wash your hands after touching an infected nail. Nail fungus can spread from nail to nail.
8) Do check your fasting blood sugar
every 3 months Hope that helps.