There is a small swelling just on one side of my anus. It doesn't cover the hole in any fraction. It doesn't hurt. When I touch, I feel a "ball like thing" What is that? Is it scary? What kind of treatment will be given to me? Is there anything I should do?

Dear Lybrateuser, - If the swelling is near the anal opening it is a hemorrhoid, that is swelling of the vein in that area - to reduce it follow some precautions: - avoid constipation & straining & sitting too long at stools - to avoid constipation & for a smooth bowel movement have more of fibre containing foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains such as whole wheat, brown rice, oats, corn, quinoa instead of refined ones, beans, lentils, pulses, peas, sprouts, nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pista, cashews, peanuts - avoid fried, spicy & junk food, also alcohol & tobacco if you take - have plenty of oral fluids including 8-10 glasses of water for proper digestion & hydration - apply Smuth gel before & after motions till swelling subsides - take tablet Sitcom, one tablet daily on the morning after breakfast.