Natural home remedies are - 1. Rose water and glycerin
- Glycerin draws water to your body and has a cooling, hydrating effect on the skin. Mix glycerin with rose water and apply on the body for natural moisturizing effects.
2. Honey - Pamper your body with honey, which is a natural moisturizer, anti-microbial and anti-oxidant ingredient. Heat two teaspoons of honey and apply it on the itchy areas. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off. Honey traps moisture in your skin. Its anti-oxidant properties repairs the damaged skin
3. Oil- Oil is thick and provides effective protection against winter itch rashes
. You can either use olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil to massage on your body after bath. If you have few extra minutes, heat the oil and then apply on the body. Make sure not to drench yourself in the oil to avoid stickiness. Just use the required amount of oil for the body. This method can also be used after evening showers before going to the bed. This is one of the effective winter itch home remedies.
4. Malai (Milk Cream) - Malai or milk cream is an age-old technique used to treat dry skin in winter. To soothe winter itch, mix two teaspoons of milk cream with a teaspoon of milk and a squeeze of lime juice. Apply this mixture on the dry and itchy areas of the body and wash it off after 30 minutes. For those who do not mind the smell of malai, they can simply
rub it on the affected parts and leave it overnight. In morning, you will wake up to well-moisturised, soft and supple skin.
5. Oatmeal - A natural exfoliant and moisturiser, oatmeal is rich in vitamin E which retains moisture in the skin by forming a barrier. Grind one cup of oatmeal into a fine powder. Add a little water to the oatmeal powder to form a thick paste. Apply this mixture on the itchy skin, cover it with a cloth and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with normal water. Do this daily to prevent skin itchiness.
6. Dry Fruits- Dry fruits such as almond, cashew and raisin retain
moisture in the skin and effectively helps in treating extremely dry skin. Hence, make it a point to include them in your diet
winter itch relief.
For more queries, contact us.