Hi doctors, My little baby has completed 7 months and now 8 month is running. I've started to give him little bit solid food along with the cow milk. But some of my Superiors are not allowing me to give him solid food. The are telling that it's not the proper time. After 1 year I should start the solid food. Explain me why should I start solid food after 6 months so that I can convince them by showing your explanation. Moreover tell me too much cow milk is beneficial for my baby? Thanks.

Hi doctors, My little baby has completed 7 months and now...
Weaning towards solid foods is individualistic. Semisolids are gradually introduced from 6 month onward or once the baby starts showing swallowing actions. One needs to check how comfortable is baby in swallowing. Food in semisolid form like chapati dipped and soften in dal or soup is recommended, soft small cut fruit is ok. Try foods that baby can eat comfortable. Avoid crispy and hard foods as they having risk of choking the baby.